Tata Motors – GOALS
The following information has been taken from the Coporate Sustainability Report 2010-11 of Tata Motors Limited.
Commercial Vehicle Business Unit
- Shareholders: To consistently create shareholder value by generating returns in excess of Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) during the upturn and at least equal to Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) during the downturn of the business cycle.
- Customers: To strengthen the Tata brand and create lasting relationships with the customers by working closely with business partners to provide superior value for money over the life cycle.
- Employees: To create a seamless organization that incubates and promotes innovation, excellence and the Tata core values.
- Vendor and Channel Partners: To foster a long-term relationship so as to introduce a broad range of innovative products and services, that would benefit our customers and other stakeholders.
- Community: To proactively participate in reshaping the country’s economic growth. To take a holistic approach towards environmental protection
Passenger Car Business Unit
- To be the most admired multi-national Indian car company producing vehicles that people love to buy.
- To create an organization that people enjoy working for, doing business and investing in.
TATA ACE Small Commercial Vehicle – Tata Introduced the India’s First small mini-truck Ace in 2005. Tata Ace is aimed to offer superior safety in varies condition, style, and cost effectiveness. In may 2005, Tata Ace india’s first four wheel mini truck was launched, and it changed the face of 1-ton goods-carrier in india forever.
* First year sells- 30,000 Aces.
* Demand 70,000 Aces for second Year
* In 2010 , 500,000 Aces vehicles in road.
* Now producing Tata Ace CNG.
* 2007 Tata Launches the Tata Magic, Passenger variant of Tata Ace.
Target Area -Tata Ace is targeting small-scale transporters and entrepreneurs in India. Now farmers and those who wants to carry small products are using it, It is very cheap compared to other transport method, that is the main reason it is very popular in India.
Light And Intermediate Commercial vehicle – Tata Motors have verity of vehicle in this segment, like Tata TL 4X4, 207DI, Tata SFC 410 EX These Commercial vehicle are used for urban and rural business and for medium load caring from one place to another.
Target Area- This segment of vehicles are targeting to those tho wants to transport medium load to one place to other, like- fruit transportation, building materials, cloths, and for small business need.
Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Tata Motors have more then 60% of the market in india in Medium and Heavy vehicles. Tata Motors in known for best makers of Medium and Heavy vehicles in india, And also famous worldwide after starting making vehicles with Deawoo in Korea.
Target Area- Heavy Industrial work,Long distance transportation, Transport cement Mixture, transpiration of oil and gasoline, transpiration of big containers, for heavy loading.
This segment of Tata motors are targeting series business and heavy and long transportation’s.
Buses From Tata Motors
Tata Motors is world second largest Medium and heavy bus maker of world. Tata has Monopoly in bus making in India. Tata give you many different category of buses. Depending on the use.
Targeting Area- The buses made by Tata Motors are used for Tours and Travels, public transpiration, As a city bus, as well as School bus.
Area Tata Buses serves - http://buses.tatamotors.com/products/products.aspx
Tata Motors Buses link – http://buses.tatamotors.com/
Different audiences are been targeted by different types of passenger vehicles varying on their specific needs.
The Nano car communication strategy is design for individual people and families with low budget of all ages and genders within India, living in rural and non-rural places.
Indica car, Vista car and Indigo car TV commercials are design for city stylish young working individuals. The majority of the advertisements seek single men of an age between 20 and 30 years with an opposite-to-relax way of life.
Tata motors is one of the oldest Motor company of India and also have most reliable and big company of country, that is the main reason of the serving the military and paramilitary of India and some other country. Since 1958, Tata Motors has proudly provided over 100,000 vehicles to military and paramilitary forces of various countries.
The Tata Motors Defense Solutions is a branch of Tata Motors Limited and is focused on military defense and technology institutions from different nations.
The stakeholders on the other hand are interested in the company’s events and financial information. They can always look for this information in the main Web site.
Tata Motors states to be working with a “highly motivated and talented” staff selected among graduates from “premier universities, management and engineering institutes in India”. The company’s employees are guided by the vision “best in the manner in which we operate, best in the products we deliver, and best in our value system and ethics”.
Tata Motors global presence
In order to gather the information above, we used the book Strategic Communication for Nonprofit Organizations.
Sally J. Patterson, Janel M. Radket (2009). Step Three: Focusing the Plan Target Audiences. Strategic Communication for Nonprofit Organizations, p. 65-76
Sally J. Patterson, Janel M. Radket (2009). Step Four: Fostering Audience Support Communication. Strategic Communication for Nonprofit Organizations, p. 77-86